Sunday, January 22, 2006

Friday

After a long day yesterday, a bit of a sleep in was in order. Breakfast at the hotel is a given. Very good selection of great food. After brekkie, we're off to the pool to chill. Despite many other "free spirits" at the pool, Merry still says there's no way she's taking off her top. After some light reading on stalls, spins and short field take-offs (studying for my pilot's license). We decide to hit the road. We decided Sanur looked cool the day before and that we should head back there today for lunch/shopping/dinner. Sepenty pipe thousand Rp for transport gets us to the Sanur beach market. The beach is nice here, quiet compared to Kuta Beach with more fishing boats. Same stuff in the shops here. A nice boardwalk led us quickly to a good place for lunch. The menu had some hilarious translations (Chicken Gordon Blue, Grilled Filled of Beef, French Frieds, Sessional Fresh Fruit) but I guess I shouldn't laugh too hard as their English by far exceeds my Balinese. Great lunch for very cheap, then walked south along the boardwalk. Came back up north on the main shopping street. Lots of little shops. Stopped for a Bintang at Randy's. Very Cold. They had a Molson Canadian sign on the wall but none in stock. While I sat and had a second one, Merry went down the block and picked up some really cool cushion covers. I found a really nice little carving in stone. A "thinking man" for 30k Rp. Went for dinner at Benno's and had our best meal yet. Merry had chili squid and I had chili snapper. So tasty! Went back to Tootsies where we had lunch earlier for dessert. Black rice pudding for Merry, Kopi for me. A Beautipul night on the beach as the tide cam in and a nearly full moon shone brightly.

Caught a bluebird taxi back to Nusa Dua for a mere sipty pipe thousand Rp. After such a long day, I think I might have been asleep before my head hit the pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home